Role: Technical Manager (Currently Work From Home)
Location: Gurgaon / Bangalore
Role Category: Project Management
CTC: As per the industry norms
Industry : IT Software / Software Services
Functional Area: IT Software – Application Programming , Maintenance
- Primary function includes Project Management, Client Management and Team Leadership.
- Work in tandem with pre-sales and account management team to understand the high-level requirements of a prospect create, validate and question the proposed estimates and timelines.
- Lead complex projects/programs from conceptual design to implementation and manage delivery of Microsoft based solutions.
- Own the application development lifecycle and leverage Agile/Iterative methodology to deliver software systems in short but progressive and impactful cycles. Manage project priorities and resource assignments to ensure adequate resources are available for successful projects
- Scope project work through discovery of business requirements, non-functional requirements and translation to technical work effort, SDLC project plans and work breakdown scheduling.
- Manage project work in alignment with the Statement of Work (SOW) obligations and ensure accurate team reporting of billable hours for efficient client invoicing against the project budget on a periodical basis.
- Manage projects to an acceptable level of risk by balancing scope, time, cost and quality, while maintaining a positive environment that promotes individual development and high performance standards.
- Oversee the development and tracking of integrated project plans. Adapt and apply delivery approach to meet project objectives and client business drivers. Establish and maintain project communication.
- Oversee project estimations, and development of project deliverables. Establish and maintain processes to manage scope throughout the project lifecycle. Identify and manage project issues.
- Set project quality and performance standards. Assess and manage risk over the project lifecycle. Maintain project tracking and information systems.
- Ensure key project-wide roles and responsibilities are defined. Ensure the use of best practices and apply lessons learned from previous projects. Ensure a positive, collaborative work environment for the team.
- Partner with others to lead teams of 10-25 individuals. Build and structure project teams to ensure maximum performance. Provide purpose, direction and motivation to team. Clarify and communicate project objectives and success criteria.
- Responsible for ongoing client satisfaction. Manage peer-level client relationships (expectation, communication, negotiation, escalation, feedback, etc.). Develop relationship with key client stakeholders and client executives.
- Mentor development teams, encourage adoptions of latest technologies, promote use of best practices and design patterns. Participate in recruitment and hiring activities. Participate in, and assist with, company events such as training and internal initiatives. Contribute to the ongoing development of the Program Management Domain and Quality Improvement initiatives at Silicus.
- Drive various organization-level operating procedures, such as those for change-management, quality management.
- Contribute to a practice, domain or account by way of knowledge management, new business development, writing proposals / estimations / RFPs, etc
- Education: B.E. / B.Tech / MCA / MCS
- Overall 5+ years of demonstrated advanced proficiency in successfully delivering solutions involving LAMP stack
- 3+ years of experience in project management and leadership of diverse team of 10 or more people in dynamic, distributed
and fast-paced environments.
- 3+ years of experience in full-life cycles from estimation to final delivery.
- 3+ years of client management experience with primary accountability for peer-level client relationships (preferably at
the executive level).
- Certification in Project Management preferred.
- Good understanding of CMMi and ISO quality processes.
Knowledge and Skills
- Technical expertise in PHP (LAMP) technologies and application architectures.
- Strong knowledge of data integration architectures and schemas including web services, XML/XSD, SOAP, EDI etc. with Demonstrated capabilities with processes, tools, and practices.
- Excellent people skills and relationship management skills
- Experience in several areas of technology services, possess experience in technology support, and/or architecture and applications development, and/or project management, and/or systems operations, etc.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in the following areas:
- Working with an executive team in a trusted advisor capacity to influence, articulate and assist in implementation of business and technology strategy
- Developing people and leading teams
- Thought leadership (includes internal innovation/creativity and outside eminence)
- Operational excellence (includes ROI, budgeting/operations, metrics, etc.)
- Project management (includes crisis and change management activities)
- Quality and risk management
- Strong understanding of modern development methodologies and tools including Agile (XP and Scrum), Rapid Application Development etc.
- Drive for results. Motivate team while constantly driving towards key milestones.
- Maintain constant awareness of project deliverables; keep team focused on short and long term milestones
- Strong negotiator. Must be able to effectively manage scope of projects and the expectation of the project stake holders
- Demonstrated ability in developing technical professionals through mentoring, career counselling, performance management activities, including the creation of training and development plans.
- Excellent organizational, coordination, interpersonal and communication skills with ability to provide technology leadership to multiple projects / teams.
- Experience in interfacing with external software design and development vendors is preferred.
- Experience and skill with customer-facing communications and interaction with technical & non-technical team members, and customer stakeholders on project status, including progress, risk and any issues that may have an impact on project delivery.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and Vision.
Good to Have
- Experience in managing client requirement. Should have managed clients directly and should have extroverted personality
- Cloud Technologies like: AWS, EC2, RDS, Auto Scaling etc
- Good if the person knows above DevOps / CI / CD
- Our product makes use of machine learning / AI Algorithms / AI integrations in the background, and candidate with those experience would be preferred
- B.S / M.S from Top Institutes like IITs are preferred
- UG: B.Tech/B.E. – Any Specialization, Computers
- PG: MBA/PGDM – Any Specialization, Information Technology, M.Tech – Any Specialization, Computers, MCA – Computers, MS/M.Sc(Science) – Computer