Successful LMS Implementation to Upskill/Reskill PWDs
Empowering Individuals with Disabilities through a Centralized Learning Platform
About the Nonprofit Organization
For the last 15 years, this nonprofit organization has committed to working for people with disabilities, their families and communities to create sustainable change and make an inclusive India with equal dignity & respect for Divyangjans. The client is a young yet successful NGO working towards mainstreaming Persons with disability.
- The client wanted to utilize a centralized training platform for the skill development of people with disabilities
- There was a lack of availability of adaptable training materials that meet specific disabilities
- To provide adequate training to over 2 million people to overcome accessibility barriers
- To organize custom training programs to suit the diverse learning needs of people with disabilities
- Inclusive Multilingual Interface: Bytecasting LMS supported content in English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, and other languages to break language barriers.
- Visual Accessibility: The platform improved visual accessibility by supporting contrast themes and adjustable font sizes.
- WCAG/AA Guidelines Compliance: Our technology-aided LMS also adhered to WCAG/AA guidelines, guaranteeing equal access to learning content.
- The availability of learning content in individuals’ preferred languages created new avenues for career development.
- The inclusive design features are tailored for individuals with visual impairments, providing a positive and enjoyable learning experience for all.
- Our WCAG/AA-compliant platform reinforced our commitment to global inclusivity and PwD support and increased learning of especially abled people by 19% in the first 2 months from launch.
- Online mode of learning for PWDs (with WCAG/AA) increased registration by 30% in the first two months of launch (in courses for PWDs upskilling).