5 Tips for Creating Employee Training Programs
Employee training programs are the backbone of an effective firm when they are implemented carefully. Building a new staff training program for your company might be intimidating, though.
Here are some pointers to help you design effective employee training programs for your workplace:
1. Create Interactive Training Content
L&D teams are embracing a new form of interactive training to combat the traditional culture of boring PowerPoint slides and conventional learning methods. By putting each person in the driver’s seat, interactive training engages them and helps them feel connected to a task. Engaged learners are more productive and perform better when learning is interactive.
These are a few strategies for increasing interaction in online courses:
- Using fresh, user-friendly video training software platforms, produce aesthetically appealing training movies with the use of detailed graphics and excellent imagery.
- Each slide should have an interactive component.
- Include digital storytelling in your course curriculum.
- Embrace 360-degree interactive photos and videos.
- For learners to practice freely, provide simulated environments that reflect real-world circumstances.
- Use gamification strategies by including a few gaming components in the training course.
- Encourage conversation by posing inquiries.
2. Leverage Workplace Training Software
Online employee training is provided via corporate learning management systems and employee training software. With the help of this training software, you can rapidly develop engaging training modules, send them to employees securely, monitor how well they are being used, assess performance, and provide feedback. It is an all-in-one tool for providing your workers with efficient training.
A digital adoption platform (DAP) is a training program that you can integrate with your business apps to assist users to learn while they use the program. Users can follow interactive walkthroughs, tutorials, and self-help menus in DAP to learn how to use any feature of the program.
3. Set Employee Training Goals
Determine the goal of a training program, or what you hope to achieve with a specific training program – enhance worker performance? fill a knowledge void? impart new knowledge?
You can create and define attainable staff training goals and objectives by determining the aim of your training. The learning outcomes that learners are supposed to attain by the end of a training program are called the organization’s training goals.
Establishing goals is a critical duty of managers to provide direction to their staff and encourage them to participate in the upcoming training session. Consider utilizing the SMART objectives framework to establish specific, quantifiable targets (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-based).
4. Segment Training Programs
Organizations must transform their training platform into a scalable, collaborative network that offers personalized learning connected to every employee’s performance to improve employee training.
Scaling and supporting employee learning and business activities are made possible by segmenting training programs based on business units. You can split your training programs in the following ways:
- By language: Learning material in one’s mother tongue aids comprehension and memory.
- Age: Various generations favor various learning philosophies. Gen X, for instance, might favor conventional instructor-led training courses and textual manuals, whereas millennials want always-available interactive video training.
- My skills: Training in certain skills are categorized according to the skills that employees need to build or enhance.
- Role-based training segmentation divides workers into groups based on their job title, division, and duties within a company.
Invest in technologies that use algorithms to learn about your staff and then propose learning activities based on that information.
An employee training program that connects with digital resources to deliver individualized, automated training in the course of work is known as a digital adoption platform. It uses artificial intelligence (AI) technology to identify the learner’s position within the organization, personal development objectives, and existing training requirements to recommend the appropriate training module.
5. Measure Training Effectiveness with Employee Surveys
The success of a training program is measured by how it affects the knowledge, abilities, and performance of the trainees. A crucial strategy for increasing employee engagement and retention is analyzing training effectiveness since it shows how training has a beneficial influence.
Employee surveys are a simple way to gauge the effectiveness of your training, but they are crucial for providing the information you need to know whether or not your training was a success. The procedure, in this case, is to design anonymous employee surveys and feedback forms, collect input in real-time, review the training immediately, and implement corrective action as soon as possible.
There are numerous staff training programs accessible that are tailored to various features and advantages. Take into account the best training program type for your business based on the needs of both the entire organization and each employee.
By putting in place the best training program for your business, you can provide your staff with rich learning opportunities that will enable them to advance together with the company.
- Articulate 360
- Articulate Engage
- Articulate Live
- Articulate Presenter
- Articulate Quizmaker
- Articulate Replay
- Articulate Review
- Articulate Storyline
- Articulate Storyline 3
- Articulate Studio
- Content Library
- Corporate Communication
- e-Learning Authoring Tools
- Employee Engagement
- Game-Based Learning
- Go Sales
- Instructional Design
- Knowledge Transfer
- Learning & Development
- Learning Management System
- Mobile Learning
- Nugget Learning
- Online Training
- Performance Support
- Quiz and Assessment Platform
- Replay 360
- Screen Capture
- Storyline 360
- Studio 360
- Training Management